Drummer & Percussionist
16 october 1975. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Mariano Steimberg has more than twenty five years of experience teaching drums. Since 2012 he is part of Berklee College of Music (Valencia campus), teaching percussion and drums.
He teaches private lessons, co-ordinates Jazz, Brazilian, South American and Groove ensembles, and the Brazilian Rhythms percussion ensemble.
In his research, he investigates different approaches to improve inner rhythm. “We can all have a good time feel if we know what to practice”, he claims.
He has toured Europe and South America with different bands and played some of the most important halls and venues.
Some collaborations include: Dick Oatts, Eddie Gomez, Victor Mendoza, Luis Salinas, Bill McHenry, Perico Sambeat, Javier Malosetti, Walter Malosetti, Raynald Colom, Axel Krygier, Albert Bover, Horacio Fumero, Viktorija Pilatovic, Celia Mur, Thais Morell, Polo Ortí, Gary Willis, Arturo Serra and others.
In 2015 he recorded a series of twelve videos that were published monthly in the popular drum channel Mr Online drums tv. He has been teaching clinics across Europe and South America for the past ten years.
He has also been a strong collaborator working for the Modern Drummer magazine Spanish version “Batería total” (1998-2008). There, he wrote drum exercises and interviews to some of the greatest drummers in history.
More than thirty albums of all kinds of music have his drum sound. Among them is the first independent album for Grammy award singer Marinah (Ojos de brujo), and Projecto Brasileiro from Tomás LP, which was a collaboration of the best musicians from Brazil (Milton Nascimento, Joyce and Chico Pinheiro, among others.)
Collaborations in Film Scoring, recording drums for the movie “El Bar” by Alejandro Amenabar, with Spanish producer Nacho Mañó.
Follow me at Social Networks:
Vic Firth (Artist/educator)
Lalulas flamenco cajón
Check my Gear…
- Bachelor Degree in Interdisciplinary Music at Berklee College of Music
- Graduated with honours at M.I.T( Musician´s Institute of Technology) in 1996 with a One-year certificate.
- Drums and percussion studies at Curitiba/Brazil Oficina de música (2009-2010) and (2010-2011).
- Best jazz drummer of the year Price at Musician’s Institute of Technology, Los Angeles, California (1995-1996)
- Among the selected three outstanding students at Musician’s Institute of Technology, Los Angeles, California (1995-1996)
- Piano, guitar and harmony lessons (Berklee online)
- Studies of South American rhythms and folkloric styles in Argentina and Brazil. For the past 15 years he travelled and studied with local musicians in Brazil and Argentina
- Private lessons with important artists and educators in different parts of the world. In Musician´s Insitute he had the pleasure to study with Efrain Toro, Ralph Humphrey, Joe Porcaro, Richie Gajate Garcia, Phil Maturano, Maria Martinez, and many others. In New York he studied with the great Ralph Peterson Jr, as well as attended seminars with Lewis Nash, Horacio “negro” Hernandez, Henry Cole, Dan Weiss, Ari Hoenig, Elvin Jones, Joey Baron, Billy Cobham, Greg Bissonette, Dennis Chambers, Terry Bozzio, and many more.
- Private lessons with the best drum teachers in Argentina (1986-1995). Some of them are Sebastian Peycere, Carlos Triolo, Andy Aegerter and Alejandro Varela.